1. OROP – 2018 is to be implemented w.e.f. Jul 2019. From the past experience of OROP – 2013, the PCDA (Pensions) Allahabad will make a circular similar to Circular 555. A number of anomalies cropped up in OROP – 2013 and Justice L Narasimha Reddy, Chairman of Single Man Judicila Committee submitted his report on anomalies in OROP – 2013 to Min of Def on 26 Sep 2016. It lies buried in the Min of Def. The achievement of Min of Def from 26 Sep 2016 till date is the report is under consideration of Committee of Joint Secretaries from PMO, Min of Def and Min of Fin. May be each of them will be awarded Ph D in OROP by Delhi University for their new findings of OROP.
2. The rationale applied by Def Accts Dept is basically to deny benefit of OROP. They criterion applied by them is as under: -
(a) Pension of earlier retirees is same as Average pension of those who actually retired in calendar year 2013. The result : -
(a) There is no benefit of OROP to MNS Officers as none retired in the rank of Maj due to AVS Committee w.e.f. 18 Dec 2004 promoting all who put in commissioned service of 13 years.
(b) Pension of all Majors who retired prior to 2013 was fixed with same pension of lone Major with 22 years’ service. All Pre – 2013 Majors with service more than 22 were fixed pension of Rs 23,815 pm.
(c) Reservists were excluded from OROP as there was no reservist retired in 2013. Reservists are the ones who should have been given highest priority for OROP. The list of anomalies is too long.
(d) TSEWA projected 42 anomalies in OROP – 2013 to Justice L Narasimha Reddy when he visited AF Station, Hakimpet, Secunderabad on 19 Sep 2016.
(b) Pension of senior is fixed same as junior if senior did not retire in 2013.
(c) Pension of junior was reduced by 3% of senior if no junior was found to retire in 2013.
3. DAD will adopt the same criterion in OROP – 2018 unless another committee goes over the recommendation of committee of Joint Secretaries on OROP - 2013. It will take inordinate time to rectify all anomalies.
4. Modified Assured Career Progression w.e.f. Jan 2006 helped JCOs / OR to get higher pay. But Min of Def has not extended the benefit to Pre – 2006 JCOs / OR.. The result is none of the Post – 2006 Sepoys retire in the rank of Sepoy and Naik. Therefore in 2018 you will find Pre – 2006 Sepoys and Naiks will be excluded from benefit of OROP - 2018. So is Majors. Their pensions in all likelihood will be revised only in 8th CPC i.e. 2026.
5. TSEWA is burdened with 30 cases filed / to be filed in AFT Delhi and other regional benches. In the interest of welfare of JCOs / OR, I suggest some officers should take a lead and file cases in all regional benches of AFTs and also principal bench in Delhi to fight for justice to Majors and JCOs / OR. Most of the AFTs are discouraging class action suits. Therefore, individual OAs need to be filed..
6. Few Pre – 2006 Sepoys and Naiks and their equivalents also should file cases in all regional benches and also in Principal bench Delhi for not availing benefit of OROP.
7. I have no faith in Min of Def to ever help faujis. It is veteran community only has to help themselves if they want justice. If you want to suffer in silence, choice then is yours. I have done my bit by enlightening you what injustice some of you are suffering. Rest is upto you take a call to follow my suggestion to approach AFTs or just enjoy your evening drink.
8. If you want to correspond with me then do send me a mail on my given e-mail id..
e-mail id: csvidyasagar@gmail..com
Brig CS Vidyasagar (Rtd)
9493191380 (Mobile connectivity is very poor in my residential complex. Use Land line please)
Pl See T SEWA Blog for regular updates at https:// www.tsewa.org